Friday, April 13, 2007

For Her

I remember
when I first looked
into those sapphire eyes
and they peered into my soul,
screaming with every energetic pulse
surging through your body;
“I Love You.”

It was that first touch
that told me everything
I ever needed to know
has been formed
into this one, perfect,
example of woman.
Your warm, gentle hand
deluged my soul with comfort
and eased my tortured mind;
feelings I thought once void
in this clay mold.

It was when I walked into a room
and you were there,
my heart started to race
pumping oxygen rich crimson
through veins, capillaries, arteries.

It was when I drew in the pheromones
bubbling from your pores,
that I knew
I wanted only one thing,
and that I was finally at “home.”

It was that moment I woke
and could look into your face
and know that this is life.

It was when those words
dripped off your tongue,
rippling emotion through my soul
that, I knew,
I loved you.

No comments: